Monday, December 19, 2011

Feelin' All Warm and Squashy Inside! Butternut Squash Soup


Hey everybody!!! It's been a little while, I've been working like a mad woman so I haven't had much time for blogging, but trust me when I say that I have a ton of recipes to post!!!


So Christmas is only 5 and a half days away! And as always I still have shopping and baking and cleaning and on top of that work to do... Anyways like a lot of you I'm usually in a pinch for dinner (or breakfast, lunch and dinner... Just call me Mrs. On Top Of Things) So came about the creation of this really easy and fairly quick soup that will warm up all of your gushy little insides and make your tummy happy :) (Plus you know I loves me some squash)

Spiced Butternut Squash Soup:
  • 1 medium sized butternut squash, roasted and pureed (to save time use 1-2 cans of already pureed squash)
  • 3c veggie broth
  • 1c plain soy milk (or other non dariy milk)
  • 2t cinnamon
  • 1t cumin
  • 1/2t pumpkin pie spice (optional, I do it for good measure)
  • 1/2t fresh grated ginger
  • 1/4t garlic powder
  • 1/4t salt
  • 1/4t nutmeg
  • 1/4t cayenne (or more if your feeling spicy)

Mix erry'thing together in a pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil (side note: watch so that it doesn't boil-over and create a huge mess of your flat top stove...)  reduce heat and simmer for 20 mintues (longer if you want it thinker, less if you like it thinner).


Tada! you now have yummy soup, your welcome. (anotherside note let it sit for like 10 minutes before you haul off and destroy the inside of your mouth...)


Tomorrow dear children, we'll will continue this squashy lovefest with a little pumpkin baked ziti and possibly scones (we'll see how motivated I get) but I'll leave you off with the only Christmas song I can really stand haha, you know to get you in the holiday spirit and whatnot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...