Saturday, April 23, 2011

How Sweet It Is: Sweet Potato Oatmeal

Good morning everybody!


I know a couple of days ago I mentioned I hadn't gotten around to grocery shopping... yeeaa... still haven't done it. So once again, I had to get my creative juices flowing and I came up with this bowl of awesome after a quick bout of google research.


So get your fill of beta-carotene with this super easy, super quick breakfast that's sweet on the taste buds

Sweet Potato Oatmeal: (serves 1)
  • 1/2c dry regular oats
  • 1c vanilla almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
  • 1/2t cinnamon
  • 1/4c raisins
  • 1c sweet potato puree (see side note*)
 Heat sauce pan over medium heat and add almond milk. Bring to a boil and add oats, raisins and cinnamon and cook 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Pour cooked oatmeal mixture into a bowl and stir in sweet potato until oatmeal and potato are thoroughly mixed.
 

 *Side note: I have this little pouch that I can throw into the microwave and 4-5 minutes later I have a baked potato. Otherwise wrap in a wet paper towel toss it into a glass dish with 1/2" of water and microwave 3-5 minutes until soft

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...