Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Is That Bacon I Smell?


I finally got my butt to the grocery store the other day, and while on a quest to pick up some essentials (fruits, veggies, Jif for the hubby) I came across a small bottle of liquid smoke. I had heard of the stuff before but never actually cooked with it. I knew that you could use it in barbecue sauces and thought that would be fun so I picked some up.

But sauces are so limited, there had to be more you could do with this stuff... right?

There is! after some searching I found a recipe for tofu bacon! Which was awesome, althought I've never been a huge fan of bacon I did love me some BLT's.


Bonus, this recipe is suuuper easy and takes little effort and it tastes so close to what I remember. It extremely yummy! (side note: you may notice more strips of tofu in the first couple pictures than in the end... I couldn't help myself haha)

Tofu Bacon: (serves 3 - 4. recipe originally found here)
  • 1lb tofu, sliced long and thin like bacon. The thinner you slice it the crispier it'll be in the end)
  • 1T oil
  • 2T soy sauce
  • 1t Liquid Smoke
  • 2T nutritional yeast
  • I also added some garlic and black pepper for good measure)

Heat oil over medium in a skillet and add tofu slices and reduce heat slightly, let cook for 10 minutes or until desired crispness is achieved, turn once in the middle.


Mix the soy sauce and the liquid smoke together and remove tofu from heat. Add sauce and yeast and stir until tofu slices are completely covered.

TLT!

And here's another song stuck in my head haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...