Sunday, April 10, 2011

Rejoin The Living... With Breakfast!

Maybe you partied a little too hard last night. Or maybe you've eaten like shit for the past few days and you feel like you need to get back on track. Or maybe you just really like fruit.


Fear not, all the solutions lie within this bowl.


I concocted this little wonder the morning after a boozy night that was topped off with devouring a Pudder from Erberts and Gerberts and what seemed like 1/2 a loaf of bread (I thought it would be a genius way to thwart off a hangover, side note: ungodly amounts of bread does very for hangover prevention). Needless to say the next morning the last thing I wanted to eat was anything bread-related... Also my kitchen was barren, so I, in my zombie-like state trekked out of the apartment and down to the grocery store, where I decided that all I wanted was fruit.

Hangover Zombie... Ughhhh....
I read some where that bananas are great for curing hangovers, something to do with restoring your potassium levels and stabilizing your blood sugar levels... So then I figured, why not make a hole bowl full of fruit to restore more vitamin and mineral supplies!

By no means is this scientific, but oh my god did it help sooth my pounding head. And it was so delicious I've actually been eating it every morning for the last week :)

Bounce-back Breakfast Bowl
: (severs 1)
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 1 sweet apple, diced (I used Fuji)
  • 1c frozen blueberries, thawed
  • 2T flaxseed meal
  • 1 carrot, finely shredded/grated
  • 3/4c vanilla almond milk
  • cinnamon to taste
Combine all fruit into (decent sized) cereal bowl, top with flaxseed meal and shredded/grated carrot. Pour on Almond Milk and top with Cinnamon.


See it's like cereal without the cereal part, or a smoothie sans-blending. I still don't really know what to call it, all I know is that it's an amazing breakfast for any occasion, not just reviving the dead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...