Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sring is a Good Time To Thai New Things: Pad Thai

Dear Minnesota, Thank you for not trying to freeze me into submission when I walked outside today. I actually was able to go without a jacket, it was awesome.


So it's been a crazy week, and it's not that I haven't been cooking. Its more that by the time I'm done cooking, my heads ready to hit the pillow. No joke. But It's all for good reasons that I've been so wiped out.

Anyways, I was craving Asian food to celebrate new things happening, and instead of ordering crappy take out I whipped up something much better. Not to mention, this recipe took me less time than it would for a delivery guy to get here, so get ready for some Thai!

Pad Thai: serves 2
  • 4oz of rice stick noodles
  • very hot water
  • 2T ketchup
  • 1T sugar
  • siracha to taste
  • 2T soy sauce
  • 1T cilantro
  • 1/2t garlic powder
  • 1/4t red pepper
  • 8oz of tofu, drained cubed
  • 4oz sliced mushrooms
  • 1c bean sprouts
  • 1/2c shredded carrots
  • 1/3c sliced green onions
  • 1 limes worth of juice
  • 1T crushed peanuts
Place rick stick noodles into a bowl. Boil water and pour over noodles and let sit 8-12 minutes to soften.

Mix ketchup through red pepper and set aside.

Heat skillet over medium heat. Add tofu and mushrooms saute 2-5 minutes or until preferred level of doneness. Add bean sprouts, carrots saute and green onions 1 minute add sauce and stir and saute 3 minutes longer. remove from from heat and top with crushed peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...