Friday, April 1, 2011

Over 1000 hits!!! Plus Chocolate Chip Cookies and Why I'm an April Fool

I just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! to everyone who takes the time to read my blog. It really means the world to me that you guys are so awesome and supportive! I promise to keep bringing you guys tons more recipes! Thank you again from the bottom of my heart!


Like I previously stated: I am no baker, but I can bake (...for the most part).

Honestly, I've made chocolate chip cookies more times than I could count. Yet it seems giving up eggs and dairy also threw common baking senses out the window as well... My first clue? It took so few ingredients assemble the dough. Secondly, the dough was suuupper greasy, but still that didn't seem to raise a red flag. I rolled them into balls, placed them on my baking stone and into the oven they went.

Twenty minutes later!! I had this:


which lead to this:



And to top it off a flaming ball of irritation smoldering in the back of my head... I would not be bested by simple little cookies... unfortunately these cookies used up the last of my flour, chocolate, and Earth Balance... errr. What was a girl to do?

Exactly what all mature women do... I cussed, and moped.

Luckily I'm married to a superhero who's powers include saving me from a bad mood. He lovingly restocked my supplies and coxed me try my hand at baking once more.

I did, remembering the baking powder and baking soda I whipped up a batch of awesome chewy little chocolate chip cookies!

Chocolate Chip Cookies: (recipe adapted from here)
  • 2c whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/2t baking soda
  • 1/4t baking powder
  • 1/4t sea salt
  • 1 stick of Earth Balance, softened
  • 1/2c brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2t vanilla
  • 2T ground flaxseed, mixed with 6 Tb. water (allow to sit for a few minutes to thicken)
  • 1c vegan dairy-free chocolate chips
Combine flour, b.soda, b.powder and salt in a bowl, set aside. In a separate bowl cream together earth balance, sugars, vanilla and flaxseed mixture. Slowly combine the dry ingredients to the wet, and stick until dough is formed. Stir in chocolate chips, form into 1" sized balls and bake 350 for 8-10 minutes.


Mike and I got a little creative with some of the dough and decided to recreate something we'd seen on Picky Palate.



These were ungodly delicious

And since we newly acquired a waffle iron I tried baking some of the cookies in it as well haha


    1 comment:

    1. Hahaha, Cara I love your little oreo thing. It looks so good and the cookie waffles. Your funny.

      ReplyDelete

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...