Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thursty Thursday: Habanero Martini


I'm sure you guys remember a few weeks ago my post about my habanero infusing vodka that wasn't quite ready. Welllll... I lied. It was ready, and had been for a few days. I happened to read the directions wrong and mistook 3 days for 3 weeks... oops. When Mike and I realized my misjudgment we rushed to separate the vodka from the peppers. Opening the bottle alone made my throat burn and I worried that this vodka would be too spicy for even me...



The weekend came and I was excited to attempt to recreate my most favorite martini in the whole world, the habanero martini! Then I remembered how much just being in the room with the open bottle stung, so anxiously I went to the kitchen to make my drink... I'll admit I was modest with the vodka and only used between 1 - 1.5 oz to 4oz of pineapple juice for the first one. I shook it, poured and slowly took a sip.


Turns out I was wrong again, ha. It was perfect!! And it was sooooo spicy (in a good way) it was like drinking very sweet cayenne pepper, just like I remembered :) Success!

Habarnero Martini: (serves 4)
  • 4 shots of habanero infused vodka
  • 16oz pineapple juice
Pour into shaker with a handful of ice. Shake, and strain into 4 cocktail glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...