Wednesday, March 16, 2011

But I Only Added a Pinch Of Spice: Alu Gobi

Yay for Indian food! Alu Gobi is a cauliflower and potato dish, and I was super excited to make it for Mike and I since we both happen to like potatoes and cauliflower! And I even promised to watch the spiciness for his sake.



And this time I absolutely tried my best not to made this dish to spicy... and yet somehow it was, hmmm... I guess spice just follows me where ever I go. Haha, his poor tounge... Either way I thought it was delicious!


Alu Gobi: (serves 4. Recipe adapted slightly from here)
  • 4-5 baby red potatoes, peeled, and cubed
  •  2T Earth Balance
  • 1t cumin seeds 
  • 1t salt 
  • 1T turmeric
  • 2T ground coriander 
  • 1T chili powder
  • 1 - 8oz can diced tomatoes (I used Muir Glen: Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Green Chilies)
  • 1/2 cauliflower head, cut into chunks
  • 2T garam masala 
  • 2T lemon juice
In a medium sauce pot boil water, add potatoes reduce and simmer 10 minutes. drain and set aside.

Heat the Earth Balance in a pan over medium heat, add the spices minus the garam masala, and the tomatoes. When the mixture begins to 'turn oily' add the cauliflower and potatoes. Saute until tender. Add garam masala and lemon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...