Thursday, March 24, 2011

Running A Riot!

When I was a kid I dreaded running... I absolutley hated LOATHED doing the mile in gym. Mostly because I'd get winded within the first 30 seconds, which is always awesome... Now a days I have a love hate relationship with it. When I'm in my zone I LOVE it, I could run forever. I feel so at peace, so centered... just free. It's the best feeling ever. But on an off day (when my legs are sore) it's like I can barely squeak a in mile, and my motivation is no where to be seen. Like I said, love/hate haha.


In my experience I've found that nothing complements a running session like a good set of music! Maybe you feel like your cardio out playlist is lacking, or you're just looking for some good music. Well you're in luck! I here's a list of my personal favorite running/workout songs just for you guys :)



But what good is an old fashioned body beat down without a little recovery? No worries, I have a post workout smoothie recipe for those of you sick and tired of the same old vanilla and chocolate crap.

Mango Chili Recovery Shake: (serves 1)
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/2c mango cubed
  • 1/4t - 1/2t chili powder
  • 1/2 lime's worth of juice
  • pinch of salt
  • pinch of cayenne (optional)
  • 2 -3 ice cubes
  • 1/4c lite coconut milk (or other non dairy milk)
  • 1/4c water
  • 13g (one heaping Tbsp) brown rice protein powder
Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.


Just of curiosity, what do you guys listen to when you work out?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you knowww... Drake always gets me in the zone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Techno. haha. Lots and lots of techno! I also like Mc.Chris, Emilie Simon, Naked Apes, Peaches, muse, Edward and Maya, The Aquabats, and lots lots more.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...