Monday, March 14, 2011

I Like it HOT...


Hotter than most it seems. If it were up to me I would put cayenne in my pepper shaker. If your eyes aren't watering and your nose ain't running it's not hot enough. I'm talking about the kind of heat that makes your whole body sweat. And this is why I love my husband. He likes his spicy too, but not to the point that I do. I can't even count home many times I've accidentally made a dish so spicy that he gets driven out of the kitchen... but he's always a trooper and never complains.


Upon my return from snowy northern MN, I came home to find a bottle of vodka with little orange peppers sitting at the bottom.


My eyes lit up! My wonderful husband had made me habanero infused vodka! This meant so much to me because on our honeymoon in Oregon, we stopped at this sweet little martini lounge with a big HUGE drink menu called Vault Martini and their own infused vodkas. Their drinks were amazing but my absolute favorite was the habanero martini, it was sweet and super spicy, containing habanero infused vodka and pineapple juice. The hubby was not a fan haha but knew I was and wanted to surprise me :)

Right: Habanero Martini, my favorite
Mike's favorite, the Butterfinger Martini


I can't even begin to describe how excited I am to try making it myself!!! Our little batch isn't quite done yet but be sure that you'll know as soon as it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...