Monday, March 21, 2011

Starting Out Sweet: Indian Spiced Oatmeal

Recently, I was asked by a lovely friend of mine if I would post some Indian themed recipes, of course I was happy to oblige, especially since I myself loooove Indian food! It's so flavorful and fragrant, what's not to love?


I was still up north when I got her request and spent the remainder of my vacation researching and planning out recipes. Originally I figured I would make one or two things but I found soooo many amazing looking dishes that I couldn't help myself.

So dear Rachel, here is a week of Indian themed recipes!

As always, lets start things out with breakfast, this recipe is one I played around with myself, I love love love spices, so this is by no means traditional, just me playing with some awesome Indian flavors.

Indian Spiced Oats (serves 1)
  • 1c cooked oats
  • 1/4c dried fruit (raisins, golden raisins, and cranberries)
  • 1/2t cinnamon
  • 1/2t cardamom
  • 1/8t ginger
  • 1/8t garam masala
  • a pinch of cloves
  • 1t sweetener of your choice: agave, honey (optional)
  • coconut milk to garnish (optional)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...