Monday, March 7, 2011

Urbanathalon Training Begins... Now!


I admit it, I've been slacking when it comes to working out... I'm usually pretty dedicated but I think it's something about this time of year. Maybe it's because it's so close to spring and I'm so over all of this cold that I don't even want to go outside haha. But I've got to push through it. Today kicks off my training for the 2011 Men's Health Urbanathlon in Chicago. My husband ran it last October and It was so inspiring! It was seriously like no other athletic event I've ever seen before (not that I have many to compare to), it's a 9 mile run on the coast of Lake Michigan and there are about six obstacles on top of that. For example, you have to hope over taxis and climb over buses, and running up and down stairs through Soldier's Field.


My husband finished under 2 hours and thus got a medal. But then again he's half superman and half crazy so I doubt little ol' me will be shooting for a time like that. My for next October goal is just to finish :)


I got my work cut out for me, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...