Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"Chicken" Salad and the Scenic Route

This morning while rummaging though my fridge I happened to see that I had both grapes and celery... And briefly I longed for the days of homemade chicken salad sammiches... Mostly fir the wonderful contrast between the sweetness of the grapes and the savory of the celery all mixed together in creamy harmony.


I know I could just go out and pick up some vegan chicken substitute but, honestly.... I'm not a fan of those haha. So I decided to get creative with a can of white beans. The result? Screw chicken haha I will take the white bean salad any day!


White bean salad:
  • 1 can white beans, drained (I used navy)
  • 1/2c grapes quartered
  • I large stalk celery
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • A splash of apple cider vinegar
  • A few drops of lemon juice
With a fork roughly mash beans in a bowl. Leave some fairly intact for texture. Mix in remaining ingredients.
 
With my chicken-less salad a complete success and it being such a gorgeous morning I decided to bike to work and take in the lovely Minnesota fall morning. With and hour and a half till I had to clock in I definitely took the scenic root.




And I'll leave off this post with a sweet song/mash-up and stellar video to boot!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...