Sunday, October 9, 2011

Blood, Booze, Food and the Walking Undead


Well folks, another pub crawl has come and gone, and to be honest I think this was the best one yet. Mostly because I got to actually spend an entire evening out with the big man. I've been working my ass off between two jobs and it honestly was like a mini vacation, even if it was just a night. As hungover as I am, I feel refreshed and ready to hit the ground running.

If you know anything about me you know that I will jump on any excuse to throw on some fake blood and have a good time. But when I also discovered that there were food trucks involved I felt like I had died and gone to... well you get the idea.


I feel like such a small town Minnesota girl when I say that this was my first experience with real food trucks! The lines were a little ridiculous but I couldn't settle on just one. Hola Areapa and World Street Kitchen were the two I actually got through to and oh my god, the black bean areapa with a tangy red cabbage slaw and bright red tomato was as tasty as it was colorful and my curried squash tacos were seasoned perfectly served with a spicy chutney and a lot of fresh green onions and cilantro, it was to... die... for... (no pun intended).



Soooo good!!!
The rest of the night was slightly a blur, but I do remember a faintly a loaded veggie dog and us getting lost on the way back to the hotel (a 15 minute walk turned into a hour +)

I could eat this every morning!

but we topped off a bloody evening with a lovely breakfast at The Triple Rock Social Club full of toast, tofu (eggs for Mike) and good conversation. Oh what a weekend it was!








Today I will leave you with a festive little recipe to get you pumped for the up coming holiday... homemade fake blood!

Blood:
  • 1c corn syrup
  • 1/4c chocolate syrup
  • 3-6 drops of red food dye
  • 1-2 drops black food dye (optional, add more chocolate syrup if you don't have black dye)
Mix together in a bowl. (Hey I never said it was hard)


Be warned this stuff it really sticky and it takes a bit to dry but when it does it looks awesome!


PS. I apologies for the lack of posts, I recently had my old computer died and finally replaced it last Wednesday and haven't had much of a chance to set it all back up. So bear with me, I hope to be back up and running again very very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...