Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'm Baaaack! And I made breakfast!

Hey everyone!! I'm back! I know it's been a little while.



As most of you know I am in the running for PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian Next Door 2012, and have made it to the Finalist Round! I feel incredibly blessed to have made it this far. And wanted to thank each and everyone of you for your continued love and support!! I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have all of you wonderful people around me!

text the number of click the photo to vote online

Running for this contest helped me remember how important being vegan is to me and how much I missed blogging. So today I'm back with a new idea for breakfast!

I've been doing the green smoothy thing for the past month and I have to say it's been amazing! but I always like to have a little something with it. Usually like a scone, toast, a small bowl of oatmeal, a handful of nuts... something help round out my breakfast.

This morning I couldn't settle on just one thing... I was craving all of it. While standing in my kitchen staring at the bowl of bright yellow banana's in front of me I vaguely recalled a recipe I had StumbledUpon a while back for something called a banana scramble. Which is more like a very soft sweet patty rather than an actual scramble.

I set out a-googlin' and came to a blog called Living On The Vedge that had a recipe. I was thrilled to find that not only did I have everything to make them but it was like everything I was craving all at once!


It started out so smoothly, I thought to meself "HA! Master Vegan Chef Cara can tackle ANY recipe in one try!"


The sizzled in the pan so beautifully! I had them going on high heat just like the recipe said...


Three minutes passed when I went to flip them... DISASTER!! I realized they had burnt on one side and COMPLETELY fell apart!


This was all I was able to save (tasty none the less). Haha, the reality is: "master vegan chef" Cara, makes mistakes too, more often then I'd like to admit. But I suppose that's the beauty of it! Make a mistake, learn from it and improve :)

So, not willing to give up I made a few changes (like adding a binder to the mix) and gave it another shot! And SUCCESS!! Here you go kiddies :)

Banana-rama Scramble: (makes 2-4 rounds adapted from Living On The Vedge)
  • 1 banana
  • 6T rolled oats
  • 2T flax meal
  • 2T Amande Plain almond milk yogurt (or other nondairy yogurt)
  • 2T peanut butter
  • 2t flaked coconut
  • 1t cinnamon (I added a little nutmeg to... why? because I can duh haha)
  • a pinch of salt
  • (you could add a teaspoon of agave or maple syrup, but I think it's naturally sweet enough)

Place everything in a bowl and mix and mash it all together with a fork. Set aside and let rest for like 5 minutes to let the flax meal set.

 
Lightly oil a pan and heat a pan over medium heat. Drop little batter balls into the pan and CAREFULLY (I stress this) with a fork or your spatula spread them out into little circles.




Let them cook on one side for around 3 minutes and CAREFULLY flip them and let them cook 2-3 minutes on the otherside.



Remove from heat and eat them as, on toast or an english muffin. Drizzled with topping of choice: peanut butter (or other nut butter), jelly, syrup, fresh fruit, it's totally up to you!



Other than that Not much has changed since my last post. Except for maybe that I have teal in my hair haha!


Anyways, I've been jamming to music all morning so I thought I'd share some with you (like usual) I feel like this song it so adorable :) enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...