Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What to do when it's too hot to cook (plus a little chocolate therapy)

Maybe you have A/C... maybe you're like me and don't (well that's a lie... I do... except mine has decided that it would be really cool if it would just act like a heater and blow hot air....)


Also maybe you could use a little chocolate pick me up. I'm sure we've all heard about the many benefits of chocolate... blah blah... (if not, check out some quick info here)

Either way I'm craving it because it's comforting (Ha!). So here's a little recipe for Pot de Creme (pot of cream) that my wonderful friend and coworker Sam was so sweet to share with me :) Trust me it'll make you're tummy happy and do a body good!

Pot de Creme (makes around 8oz, severs 1-2)
  • 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
  • 1T coconut oil
  • 1/4c cocoa powder
  • 1/4c raw agave (or sweetener of choice)
  • 1t vanilla
  • 1T cinnamon
Add all ingredients to food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Take a spatula and spoon out into 1 or two small dishes or tea cups. Either eat right away (will have more of a pudding like texture) or cover and let sit in the fridge for at least and hour to overnight to allow the coconut oil to set and produce a slightly firmer "custard".


You can seriously eat this anytime of day. It's great as a dessert, breakfast or even brunch addition (I made it for my mother and sister on mother's day and they booth looved it)

Still a little moopy today, blah... loosing a little buddy is never easy :/
So I've been listening to stuff that's a little more mellow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...