Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Alright Bitches, I'm back... and feeling a little monstrous



It's true, I'm back and feeling better than eva! It's been nearly a year since my last post and I miss the hell outta you guys! Lots has changed in the world of Ms. Cara.
But with life starting to come back to some sort of sense and order I feel like I can get back to my normal day to day shyyt (if ya know what I'm sayin')



Spring is in the air here in Minnesota, well... aside from the snow we're supposed to get ove the next few days... other than that though. Spring is mos def the time of year we're in haha. And with that brings about a need to renew and refresh, out with the old and in with the new. So allow me to clear the air as it were and catch you up briefly:


  • (I'll start with the elephant in the room) I am no longer a Mrs., my former hub and I grew apart. No sad faces though. These things happen and I am enjoying getting to be myself.
  • I've been praticing yoga pretty regularly and have no idea why I never started earlier!
  • I'm just about half way finished with my fruit and veg sleeve on my arm
  • I did my first pin-up photo shoot not to long ago (for shits and giggles)
  • I ran again for PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door (not sure yet if I made it to round two)
  • Over the last year my hair has been a plethora of colors
  • And most recently I've decided to start a juice fast (i'll talk about that more later though)



For those of you who have followed my instagam or Facebook, you may have known about some if not all of these. Also may of you have been asking me for the recipes to a lot of the foods I post (hipster-phoney I aware). I'm going to do my best to get those up. The most recent of which were Monster Cookies that I made the other night.

These little babies are amazing, salty/sweet bite-sized goodness! While I cannot take credit for the recipe (I got it from my good friend Meghan) it's pretty much become my favorite monster cookie recipe ever! I hope you guys dig it as much as I do!

 

Vegan Monster Cookies: (makes 65ish small cookies)

Pre-heat oven to 350

  • 3T ground flax
  • 1/2c + 1T water
  • 1c brown sugar
  • 1/2c cane sugar
Mix together into a food processor and... process (obvs)
Then place in a mixer or bowl and mix in:
  • 1T vanilla
  • 1 stick of Earth Balance
  • 1 1/2c peanut butter
Then in a separate bowl mix together: 
  • 1 3/4c brown rice flour (Her recipe originally called for whole wheat but I've been on this no gluten kick... thing... haha)
  • 1T cinnamon
  • 2t baking soda
  • 1/2t salt (upped mine to 1t if not a little more since the pb I used was unsalted)
Annnnd combine! After that mix in:
  • 4c oats (I processed half in my food processor to make oat flour just for a smoother texture)
Lastly fold in (I used my hands like the recipe called for haha)
  • 1/2c raisins (or whatever dried fruit you have, play with it)
  • 1/2c carob chips or vegan chocolate chips
  • 1/2c nuts (I used more peanuts, but like I said.. go nuts... lulz)
  • 1/2c coconut (I didn't have so I added golden raisins)
Roll into small balls and bake for 10 minutes!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...