Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Cock Sauce!

Have I ever mentioned that I have a little love affair with all things spicy?

Weird, well I do. Like really spicy.


(you shrug) No, like so spicy your ears hurt. hahaha I don't play games!

And my condiment of choice? SriRacha (you're stunned, I know). But sadly since moving out of my apartment I have been without my beloved red rooster for a few months. I was beginning to have withdrawals.



Happily, my forgetful-ass finally picked some up from the store the other day and it has been nothing but spicy-vinegary bliss ever since! So here's a little round-up of goodies I've been making for all of you're cock-sauce cravings... tehee (yes I'm five. get over it.)

The first is my favorite go to salad dressing, which really is not so much of a recipe as it is a list of ingredients. Just remember to adjust to taste :)


Spicy Maple-Ginger Dressing:

  • Soy sauce (you can always use gluten free tamari if you're into that sort of thing, which I kinda have been at least conscious of)
  • Maple Syrup
  • Equal parts garlic and Ginger
  • Sesame Oil
  • Rice Wine Vinegar or Mirin
  • SriRacha
Mix together and drizzle/toss with what ever awesome veggies you want. My line up is usually: greens, nori, avocado, jicima, cucumbers, tangerines, green onions and sesame seeds

Next up is a little stroke of genius I had last Sunday. I wondered SriRacha would work on waffles: conclusion: fuck yes it does (sorry, language, I just get excited sometimes)


Sweet Citrus SriRacha Syrup:
  • 1T Sriracha (or more to taste)
  • 1/4c Maple Syrup (in theory you could use agave or honey or whatever)
  • 2T orange juice (fresh is best)
  • orange zest (optional)
Combine in a small sauce pan and simmer for a few minutes until it thickens and comes together :)
Serve over waffles or pancakes or ice cream.... really the possibilities are endless. I drizzled it over some awesome little sweet potato waffles.... hawmahgawd <3 div="">


Lastly be certainly not least.... 


I've had this crazy craving for corn bread lately, with honey (not vegan I know blah blah blah...) and butter (and by butter I mean Earth Balance, so just chill).
But not just butter... 


SriRacha-honey-butter. I'll let that sink in for a moment...

SriRacha Honey Butter:
  • 1/2c (one stick) of Earth Balance softened
  • 2T SriRacha (or more haha)
  • 1/4c Honey (or maple syrup or agave or whatever)
Whip "butter" with and electric mixer. Mix in SriRacha and lastly slowly add honey (or sweetener of choice) and BOOM!


Here is the corn bread recipe I used (which is also gluten-free)


And of course here's a little happy earworm to leave you with until next time :)


And this too haha


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...