Thursday, February 2, 2012

Anything You Can Make, I Can Make Vegan: Mayo

Even though mayo grossed me out for a looooong time (thanks mostly to my high school days working in a certain sub shop) and actual mayo still does, even I get a hankerin' for some sort of creamy dressing every once and in a while. Thankfully I found and tweaked this recipe to fill the void!


What am I talking about? Tofu mayo of course! (Oh tofu, is there anything you can't do?)

Tofu Mayo:
  • 1 block tofu (you can use anything from soft to extra firm depending on how thick or thin you want your mayo. No need to press just drain)
  • the zest and juice from one lemon (I like to use meyer lemons)
  • 1T stone ground mustard
  • 1/4c tahini
  • 1T (or more to taste) apple cider vinegar
  • salt and pepper to taste
(Get ready for this:) Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth!


There you have it guys, the wonder that is tofu mayo! Easier than a drive to the store and faaaaaar cheaper than packaged vegan mayos. Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...