Sunday, June 19, 2011

Too Cool For School: Hipster-Monkey Cookies

My beautiful cousin and her amazing hubby were married in Florida two weekends ago (congrats again you two!!) I was lucky enough to be in the wedding :) Sunset beach wedding, cool ocean breeze, spending time with my awesome family members, it was such a blast!



And to top it off, giant tasty peanut butter cookies!! *swoon* These cookies were so pillowy and soft I have been craving them like crazy.

yeaa... I had several of those haha
The only problem is, my normal peanut butter cookie recipe never turns out the way I want it to. My little sister is the queen of cookie making, she uses the same recipe and they turn out beautifully, mine not so much.

The master at work
Thus I set out to make a new kind of peanut butter cookie! I'd love to tell you that these are all things you have lying your kitchen (and you might) but in the process of putting these little cuties together I realized how slightly not everyday cookies these were. So instead of calling them Roasted Banana Nutella Whole Wheat Cookies (which I am fully aware sounded of how persnickety that sounds) I, in poking fun at them (and myself) dubbed them Hipster-Monkeys.


Heads Up: These cookies are very cakey, and it's sooo hard to stop at just one, haha also they don't taste like traditional peanut butter cookies, but they are sooooooo additively wonderful :)

Hipster-Monkey Cookies:
  • 3/4c homemade nutella
  • 1 large roasted banana (or overripe works too)
  • 1/2c pure maple syrup
  • 1/4c evaporated cane juice
  • 1/2t molasses
  • 1t vanilla
  • 2t cinnamon
  •  a pinch of sea salt
  • 2c whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/2t baking powder
  • 1t baking soda
  • evaporated cane juice
Preheat the oven to 350.

Mix together nutella through vanilla in one bowl, In a separate large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients, then begin to incorporate the two together.


Roll onto 1" balls (Optional: Roll balls in evaporated cane juice and press with a fork) and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet (or a if you're me an un-greased baking stone). Bake for 8 - 12 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing them from the sheet (or stone). Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.


Aw this song is so cute :)

1 comment:

  1. You're so sweet. I seriously miss those cookies! I'm excited to try this recipe to remind me of the amazingness. Thanks Cara!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...