Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sometimes I Feel Like A Nut: Homemade Nutella

I feel like I'm super obsessed with nut butter spreads... since I've posted a few now haha... (aaannnd I still have more that have yet to be posted)


But it didn't stop me from making another. Nutella seems to have a cult-ish following, I mean it does taste good but when your ingredients include sugar and chocolate it's hard to mess that up :) Seriously it's like dessert in a little plastic jar.

Sadly Nutella contains milk, and thus makes my stomach wanna punch it's way out of my body.... so I did what I do best and came up with a version without dairy! HA


Homemade Nutella:
  • 2c roasted hazelnuts
  • 1T oil
  • 1/4c unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2c - 3/4c non dairy milk (I made my own hazelnut milk for this recipe)
  • 3/4c - 1c sweetener of your choosing (agave, maple, ect.)
  • 1/4t of salt
  • 1t vanilla
Place nuts and cocoa powder in a food processor. Begin to incorporate remaining ingredients and keep your eye on the consistency. The more liquid you add the thinner the spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...