Saturday, May 14, 2011

Food is love: Honey Mustard Tofu (2 recipes)


Cooking keeps me sane. I swear to God. (Just needed to throw that out there)


I used to make a mean chicken salad back in the day, and by mean I mean fabulous! And by back in the day I mean last year haha… Anyways I would’ve lived off of it if given the chance.
Now that spring in full force (even summer is poking it’s lovely head in there) I’ve been craving salads like crazy, so like I’ve been doing to a lot of my old stand-bys I  adapted this one too J

Be amazed and make your tummy sing!

Baked Honey Mustard Tofu (serves 2)
  • 2T balsamic
  • 1t garlic
  • 1T honey mustard
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • a pinch of dried savory
  • ½ a firm tofu block, drained and sliced ½” thick
Preheat oven to 400.

Mix together  balsamic vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper, and savory in a shallow dish. Place tofu slices in dish and allow to marinade for 20 minutes.

Place marinated tofu on a baking sheet (with a little bit of oil to prevent sticking) and bake for 20 minutes or until tofu is a browned.

Honey Mustard Tofu Salad: (serves 2)
  • Honey Mustard Tofu (see abouve) sliced into ½” thick slices (width wise)
  • 1 romaine heart, torn into smaller leafy pieces
  • 1 tart apple (like granny smith)
  • 1/4c dried cranberries (if you don’t have any on hand don’t fret  basically any kind of dried fruit will do)
  • 1/4c chopped pecans
  • 1/4c chopped sweet onions (red onions work well too)
Toss everything together and eat!

Need a quick vinaigrette? Mix together  1T sugar, 2T red wine vinegar, 1T water, 1/4t pepper, a pinch of salt and 2T olive oil.  It makes 4 servings but it never hurts to have extra right?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...