Monday, May 2, 2011

Easiest Soup in the WHOLE Fricken World: Sweet Potato Coconut Curry Soup

 
I was dragging my ass a bit this morning... I needed a lunch to bring to work, as well as a something for breakfast. I had left over coconut milk that I needed to use up, like asap! I hate wasting food, I always feel so terrible... but anyways by way of either Finding Vegan or Food Gawker (I can't remember which) I found this pretty little dish which to my surprise literally took me 6 minutes to make.


Not to mention it was super filling which is awesome since there's quite a bulk of time in my day between breakfast and my lunch break.

Also it's spicy (but it doesn't have to be) which is always a big plus in my book!


Sweet Potato Coconut Curry Soup: (serves 2, adapted from The Novice Chef)
  • 2 sweet potatoes
  • 1/2c coconut milk (I used light because it was all I had on hand)
  • 1c vegetable stock
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1t curry powder
  • 1t gram masala
  • cayenne pepper to taste
  • fresh chopped cilantro to garnish
Poke hole in potatoes with a fork, and place in a microwave safe dish with 1/2" of water in the bottom. drape with a wet paper towel. Microwave for 4-5 minutes or until the potatoes are soft (if you have more time you can instead preheat the oven to 400, poke holes in the potatoes and bake for 1 hour)

Skin the potatoes and naked potatoes in a blender with remaining ingredients and puree. Garnish with cilantro.


P.S. this soup is awesome hot or cold.


Now your ready to dominate the world! Go go go!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...