Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Sanity and My Witty Titles Are Somewhere Else: Cantaloupe Bowls

But at least I had a good breakfast, right?


Seriously, I think I've hit the point of tired where I don't actually feel tired, rather everything just seems funny. My husband also informed me that I've been a sassy-pants lately, so there's that haha. (Side note: I keep reading cantaloupe as can't-a-loop-eh)


Anyway, I do my best to eat seasonally, but when I came across a sale on cantaloupe... I caved. It's been MONTHS since I've had fresh melon in my apartment and while I love grapefruit and sweet potatoes... I needed something to remind me of summer.

So this recipe is awesome because it'll probably take you five minutes if that to put it together and there is little to no clean up.

So I present to you the wonder that is:

Cantaloupe Bowl: (serves 1)
  • 1/2 of a small-ish cantaloupe
  • 1c of a non-dairy yogurt of your choosing (I used coconut)
  • 1/4-1/2c topping of your choosing (I used museli, but you could also use fresh or dried fruit/berries, nuts, granola... you get the idea)
  • cinnamon to taste (optional)
Cut a small-ish cantaloupe in half, remove the seeds and stringy stuff with a spoon. Place non-dairy yogurt, and topping in hollowed out portion. sprinkle with cinnamon and dig in, literally.



Keep your chin up!


PS. I woke up with this stuff in my head... yea, I think it'll be an interesting day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...