Monday, February 28, 2011

Change Up Your Breakfast: Sweet Potatoes

Before going veg I used to live off of eggs and yogurt for breakfast (not together... that would probably be gross). Actually what I was going to eat for breakfast was a slight concern of mine when I made the decision to forgo my once beloved animal proteins, since every morning I would have a bowl of oatmeal, and either two or three eggs (for a brief period egg whites) with cheese, or a greek yogurt and fruit.


But I got creative and found my new favorite breakfast... sweet potatoes!


With so many different ways they can be prepared, I'm happy to say my morning egg and dairy void has been filled :) (P.s. This also would make a great side dish)


Sweet Potato with Coconut, Cranberries and Lime serves 1 (altered slightly from Whole Living)

  • 1 sweet potato
  • 2T unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1T toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 2t chopped fresh parsley
  • 2T dried cranberries
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Lime wedges
Rinse and scrub clean sweet potato. Puncture several times with fork, completely wrap in damp paper towel an microwave 4 minutes or until soft. Remove from paper towel. Slice sweet potato open and mash in coconut milk. top with flakes, parsley, cranberries, salt and pepper. Squeeze lime juice on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...