Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I made burgers. Deal with it!


My husband and I are currently on a 'Better Off Ted' kick. Its so amazingly funny, it's a shame I never bothered to check it out before it was canceled... hmm...

So in celebration of the end of my cold (finally) and eating vegetarian for a whole month, I made burgers!

Now mind you even before going veggie I had trouble with burgers. But I'm bound and determined to get it down. I'm on a quest to make a veggie burger so awesome it'll hold up to a grill this summer!

Sadly, this recipe is not the one. Which in all honestly is probably my fault, I didn't follow a recipe instead just combined what I already tried in other recipes... but it was tasty none the less, so here it is. I also made pretzel buns (and made a mess of my kitchen in the process). That recipe is right here.


Chickpea Veggie Burgers

•  1T olive oil
•  1 1/2c onions, diced
•  1c mushrooms, diced
•  3 cloves garlic, minced
•  1c carrot, sliced
•  1t cumin
•  2c cooked chickpeas
•  1 1/2T tahini
•  1/4c parsley, minced
•  1/3c oats
•  1/2t baking soda
•  1t salt
•  lemon juice

Preheat oven to 375

Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat and saute onions, mushrooms, garlic and carrots for 5 minutes. Toss in cumin and cook 2 more minutes. Remove pan from heat.

Combine remaining ingredients into a food processor, add veggie mixture and process until well mixed. Form into 12 patties and bake 20-30 minutes, until browned. Carefully turn half way through

I served mine on a pretzel bun with avocado and honey mustard, a baked sweet potato and sauted broccoli and peas.

My husband is not vegetarian,
So pictured on top is a salmon burger
with roasted parsley potato wedges



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...