Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Undying Love: Homemade Peanut Butter

If you know me, you know that I loooove peanut Butter. I love it on toast, in oatmeal, in wraps and pitas, with fruit, basically it's amazing! Unfortunately I love organic, all natural PB... aaaannnddd it's a little more expensive than I would like.


So Last summer I realized that the ingredients to my favorite PB's were super simplistic (Peanuts, and oil) I quickly whipped out my shiny new food processor and got to work. Which lead me to discover that not only were the ingredients simple, but the process of making homemade peanut butter was as well.




Coming out to half the price of store-bought and only taking ten minutes of your time. why wouldn't you make your own?

Basic Homemade Peanut Butter
  • 12oz roasted peanuts
  • 1/2t salt (omit if peanuts are salted)
  • 1T peanut oil
  • 1t honey, agave, or maple syrup (depending on your tastes, also optional)
Place peanuts, salt, oil, and honey (if desired) in food processor and process 8 - 10 minutes scraping down the sides as needed.

Note: You know you're getting close when ground peanuts begin to form a big ball of "dough" (for lack of a better term) continue processing for a few minutes longer. The dough ball will begin to break down and go from a paste to a butter. When dough ball completely breaks down check it, if you like a runnier peanut butter, process 2 or 3 minutes longer or until desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...